STXIFF and Duke & Sterling present
The South Texas International Film Festival believes that all filmmakers deserve an
opportunity to prove themselves as artists and we understand that many times creative
ideas need some backup. This is why the STXIFF has teamed up with the expertise of
Duke & Sterling to bring you The Pitch.
Filmmakers across the nation will have the opportunity to pitch their feature film projects to
a jury of experts comprised of entrepreneurs, directors, actors, and film producers. The
selected pitch will be awarded the Grand Prize and will have the opportunity to work with
Duke & Sterling to bring the project to life.
Submissions are open from June 22nd, 2017 and must be submitted no later than August
21st, 2017 at 11:00 PM. The projects must be submitted via the online application with their
respective PDF documents before the deadline and must comply with the following
1. The online form must be submitted before the deadline on August 21st, 2017 no
later than 11:00 PM along with the $15 entry fee.
2. The competition is only for feature film projects.
3. A Digital Production Folder (DPF) must be submitted along with the form. The DPF
must include all of the following:
a. Feature film screenplay (70-120 pages in standard industry format).
4. The film can be any genre but the story must be centered in the general South
5. No project will be accepted after the determined deadline.
6. The selection of projects for competition will be announced before the start of the
3rd edition of the South Texas International Film Festival.
7. The total amount of finalists selected will be five.
8. If selected, two members from the production team (e.g. director and producer)
must make their own arrangements to attend the event on Friday, September 8th
in order to present the project to the Juries.
9. If selected filmmakers must prepare the following for the day of the event:
a. Director’s statement.
b. Director’s CV or filmography, if any.
c. Artistic/visual proposal (actors suggested, production design, photography,
etc.) Note: include letters of intent for known talent, if any.
d. Top sheet budget for film.
e. The screenplay must be copyrighted by filing with Writer’s Guild of America
10. The Pitch will be live and open to audience members.
11. Each team will have no more than 10 minutes to present the pitch for their project.
12. The decision of the selected project will be announced during the event at the
Award Ceremony. All decisions made by the Selection committee and Panel of
Judges are final.
13. The Jury’s decision will be final and unappealable.
14. Any other situations not clarified in this document will be evaluated by the STXIFF
Board Members and members of Duke & Sterling.
All selected projects will automatically receive two Award Ceremony tickets for the STXIFF
where the winner will be announced. The winner of the competition will be awarded a cash
prize of $500 and the opportunity of working on the pre-production of their feature film
project with the experts of Duke & Sterling. If there are other questions that require
clarification, please contact us at email@example.com. Best of success!